December 2011
The Birth of Jesus Christ was the most notable and prophesied event in the history of the world. As our hearts turn each December to celebrating the birth of the Holy Son of God, we can give greater thanks that we can celebrate here in Uganda, Africa as missionaries called to proclaim His gospel and doctrine.
Dear Family and Friends,
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas filled with love, family, and lots of happy new memories!
The field is ripe here in Uganda and we are privileged to be serving at this time. We are having kaleidoscope experiences each and every day, mixed with great love to and from the members here in Masaka. As Elder Crayk has been told a number of times, “things move slowly here in Uganda . . . it comes in bits and pieces.” Well, everything but the gospel, it’s spreading like wild fire! We have Five Elder missionaries and five young members preparing to serve missions so they are learning and “moving” with the Elders. Together we are building this Branch, limb by limb.
We send our love, and best wishes that each of you will have a wonderful Christmas and we pray that as the image of the Christ Child, receiving gifts from the Wise Men flows into our minds this Christmas season, let us shake off despair, and have hope in the gift of Eternal Life that the Savior brought to us with his birth and life.
Merry Christmas, Love to you all, The Crayk’s in Africa – Elder and Sister
Oh my- what an amazing experience you are having. I can't wait til I have that opportunity. I was just able to go in Oct for 12 days to Bolivia for an operation smile trip (my mini mission) for cleft lip and palate surgeries. I got just a small taste of what you experience daily- changing lifes one at a time. You inspire me and are such an example for all of us here at home. We are so impressed by your service and committment to the Lord. If only every one in our stake would catch the vision of missionary service. Thanks for sharing the stories- they strengthen my testimony and again it reminds me how blessed we truly are! Diane I think of you often when I see a glass bowl you gave me when we had dinner. (Filled with the most delish salad ever!) and Keith, Andy loves you so much. You both hold a special spot in his heart. Have a great holiday and know we love you and pray for you.
ReplyDeleteSalli Kae Egbert
All these pictures of the fabulous African wildlife...but no one of a Black Mamba??
ReplyDeleteKuwa na Krismasi jnema to you also! Probably no snow for you this year...Such a beautiful place, you won't even miss it!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts. They inspire me to be better. Thank you for that. I will pray for your continued success. I know that you are right where the Lord needs you to be right now. How many of us can say that? Love you guys!
Mum & Pops,
ReplyDeleteYou two look amazing! I Can't Believe its already time to wish you a Merry Christmas!
I wish I would of had the camcorder out when I opened this blog, Sofia almost fell over trying to grab the computer, she literally was trying to push me out of the way and was laying across the computer trying to talk to it like you were skype-ing. She kept Saying dina dina dina, papa... dina dina dina, papa. She gets her little bit of crazy from her mommy.
Then she started making animals sounds as we scrolled through the pictures you took. I'm thinking We need a little work with animal sounds, I'm pretty sure Giraffes and Elephants don't sound like kittens. But Bikes covered in bananas did get a mmmm yummy. :-)) we miss you Mum N Pops
Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and the amazing things you are doing. I am so lucky to have such wonderful examples.
From the bottom of our Hearts ,
WE LOVE YOU
B-C-S
I realy missed you today as we put on our Christmas Program at purgatory. You and Keith are such an example to us and pray for you tons. Have a very Merry Christmas. Love you both
ReplyDeleteMiracles do happen! You are making those miracles happen!
ReplyDelete